What we plan to add in the next release. Infinispan is on a time-boxed release schedule, with a new minor release every three months. The list below shows features targeted for the next stream of releases (9.x). Bear in mind that features might be postponed to a future release in case they are not of satisfactory quality at the end of a cycle.
Warning: The list below is subject to change without notice at any time.
- New Modular API
- Publish Subscribe / Topics
- In-place rolling upgrades
- Continued performance and resource improvements
- ProtoBuf 3 support for remote queries
- Striped cache stores for faster iteration
- Async persistence layer
- REST authorization
- SCRAM authentication mechanism
Server / Remote
- Hot Rod transactions
- Smaller server footprint
- Data visualization
- Data manipulation