What we plan to add in the next release.
Infinispan is on a time-boxed release schedule, with a new release every three months. The list below shows features targeted for the next few releases. Bear in mind that features might be postponed to a future release in case they are not of satisfactory quality at the end of a cycle.
Warning: The list below is subject to change without notice at any time.
- New Modular API
- Active-active async cross-site with conflict resolution
- Continued performance and resource improvements
- In-place rolling upgrades
- ProtoBuf 3 support for remote queries
- Encrypted password storage
- SCRAM authentication mechanism
- Lightweight Server
- New RESTful API
- Console improvements
- CLI improvements
- Supportability improvements